Associate Game Designer - VALORANT, Maps
Job Id: REQ-0006664
As an Associate Game Designer, you will design and improve the player experience. Your player insight and creativity help create in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will work with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to improve and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As an Associate Game Designer you will craft world class tactical shooter maps that constantly push our players to adapt to new circumstances. You’ll leverage your knowledge of tactical shooters and level design to create dynamic spaces that will challenge players with tactical puzzles for years to come. You will report to the Lead Level Designer.
- Design rich competitive maps that challenge players for years to come
- Work within established parameters to create new map gameplay opportunities, and see them through from conception to shipped
- Work with artists, producers, QA and engineers to bring our maps’ promises and thematics to life
- Update and balance existing maps to improve experience and game health
- Playtest VALORANT and help push for continued improvements for existing designs and fresh prototypes.
- Deep familiarity with FPS games or competitive games
- Experience developing competitive PVP maps in a 3d environment
- Strong ability to articulate how content affects competitive integrity
- Understanding of content balance levers and thoughtful outcome prediction when these are changed
- Hungry to learn and capable of providing constructive and thoughtful feedback to others
- Deep / high-ranked play within the competitive or tactical shooter genres
- Scripting, modding or other technical skills
- Can balance the tension between game balance and excitement when generating content
- Ability to predict outcomes of game design decisions on players and other content
- Can use existing frameworks to develop novel solutions and reverse-engineer designs
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) This job has a base hourly range of $31.25 USD - $43.75 USD + incentive compensation (annual [and long-term]) + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.