Animation Art Lead - Teamfight Tactics
Job Id: REQ-0005050
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in.
As an Animation Lead for Singapore Studio Teamfight Tactics team, you will set the bar and ensure that the animation output maintains Riot’s high standards. You’ll build and support a high performing team, and give them the guidance and context they need in order to deliver amazing animation experiences to our players. Using your broad knowledge of the art, craft and tech of animation, you’ll set clear goals, and make sure the process of delivering of those goals is as smooth as possible
- As overall animation craft lead on Teamfight Tactics, you will oversee and be accountable for the quality of the work the team deliver, and set the bar for excellence
- You will build a world class team by sourcing AAA animation talent in China, and develop and grow their animation skills through training and feedback
- You will establish, maintain a highly engaged, creative and motivated workspace for your team to unleash people’s potential.
- Collaborate with Rioters throughout HK, Singapore and worldwide, to make sure product goals are fulfilled and working practices are appropriate
- You will accomplish your mission with complete autonomy if the need arises; you're dedicated in finding creative and effective solutions to vigilantly eliminate difficult problems
- You will use your knowledge and experience with modeling, texturing, rigging, scripting, lighting and video editing to level up animated projects on as-needed basis
- You will set a clear vision and strategy to grow your team, provide consistent feedback, build trust with your team
- Drive the development of Style Guides and Process Guides
- Lead and improve team rituals to support high quality craft and individual growth
- Demonstrated ability to create high quality, creative animation driven by storytelling and fits Teamfight Tactics style.
- Extreme proficiency in animation art fundamentals.
- A clear understanding of the Teamfight Tactics art style
- Proven experience leading/mentoring teams and individuals. Growth minded and motivated towards teaching, enabling, and coaching the artists
- Experience giving thorough direction and delivering timely, clear, actionable feedback
- A strong communicator and able to convey abstract/sophisticated ideas in a concise way, in English or in Chinese
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.