Animation Art Intern - League of Legends
Job Id: 5104
As a member of the Animation team, you bring champions to life through classic animation principles and body mechanics. You will create high quality animations for a diverse cast of characters. A great reel will showcase a strong foundation in the principles of animation, including weight, anticipation, and impact. Your craft expertise will breathe life into iconic and beloved characters for players.
- Create high quality animations for a diverse and expanding universe, including bipeds, quadrupeds, and monsters
- Collaborate with designers and artists to create animation assets that fulfill the requirements of the project’s game and visual design
- Consistently meet project deadlines in a timely manner without compromising artistic integrity
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks at our Los Angeles headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Working Knowledge of Maya or similar 3D animation software
- Understanding of body mechanics, acting, posing and storytelling techniques
- Understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, texture, form, and all other animation principles
- Excellence in collaboration and communication
- Experience with action and combat based animations showcasing locomotion cycles for characters and creatures of diverse shape and size (bipeds, quadrupeds, etc.)
- Gaming specific animations through professional or personal work
- Broad knowledge of League of Legends skins, Champions and League IP
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
General Portfolio Advice:
- Please limit application submission to 1 role. You will automatically be considered for similar roles based on your portfolio
- Online format is preferred (Artstation, personal websites, etc.)
- If you have private work that is under NDA, please include the password in your application. Otherwise, we recommend you do not password protect your portfolio
- Test that your portfolio or reel is accessible. Please include access to your portfolio on your resume in addition to the application form in case the link breaks.
- Ensure your portfolio showcases your best work
- Fan Art? Sure! It shows your versatility as it relates directly to our art style
- Depending on the role, immersing yourself in the game to get the feel, tone and look can go a long way for your portfolio
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close January 6th 12:00pm PT
(Los Angeles, CA only) Hourly range between $30.05 USD - $31.83 USD
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).