Analytics Intern (Graduate)
Job Id: 5103
As a Graduate Analytics Intern, you’ll join the Insights discipline – the group of researchers, analysts, data scientists, and strategists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that enable Rioters to make difficult decisions with confidence. You’ll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers, etc.) to conduct studies and analyses that’ll inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your background in data analysis and strategic decision making will ensure that you’re an effective advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for gamers around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of gamers is essential to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
- Work with Central product leadership to improve the holistic player experience and business health our games
- Identify and investigate important problem or opportunity spaces for Riot, and create recommendations and strategies for whether and how to pursue these
- Analyze primary goals and drivers in collaboration with game Strategic Advisory teams, and present findings and takeaways to leadership
- Collect and institutionalize insights from our game launches and live ops, incorporating lessons from our triumphs and mistakes
- Currently enrolled in a Graduate program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Los Angeles Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Proficiency in Excel, SQL, and Tableau (or equivalent) or project analysis
- Academic or professional experience analyzing large data sets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy
- 3+ years experience of professional in data analytics, strategy, management consulting, or related fields
- Previous analyst experience in games
- Advanced in Spark and Python
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Applications Close January 6th 12:00pm PT
(Los Angeles, CA only) Hourly range between $40.48 USD - $42.84 USD
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).