Analytical Product Manager - GS.VAL, Console Leadership
Job Id: 5441
Who We Are: The Product Management group performs internal and external analyses, makes insightful recommendations, designs solutions, develops products, and implements strategies that address complex business issues to achieve company goals. We’re a diverse group of consultants, business people, scientists, and at our core, a team of gamers. We are united by our desire to remain player-focused while maximizing our business outcomes. We support our recommendations with a myriad of sources to ensure we’re informed by data.
Role Description: As a Product Manager III on VALORANT, you will be supporting the development of the console version of VALORANT. You will help define the long term vision of the game and feature roadmap by actively evaluating opportunity areas and prioritizing features based upon player impact. You incorporate learnings from product experiments, constantly updating your understanding of the product audience to better predict what players care about, and incorporate these lessons into future problem space definition and roadmap focus. You will drive on end to end product strategy and prioritization calls that span from onboarding to engagement to monetization related features.
This role focuses on market sizing, assessing impact, designing new features (and feature improvements), and developing content strategy. You will run data analysis and use existing dashboards to monitor the game’s performance and design experiments to optimize the game’s engagement and revenue metrics. Finally, you’ll be partnered with people across different work functions, so relationship management is a key part of your craft.
- Support the development of long-term product strategy and work with analytics, product and design teams to improve the health of the early funnel, meta-game systems, and in-game economy for VALORANT console
- Analyze player data and product results to find actionable business insights
- Partner with product teams to prioritize their efforts - accounting for delivery timelines, revenue impacts, and opportunity costs
- Communicate strategic recommendations and product outcomes to business leaders and decision makers
- 5+ years of experience in product management, preferably for a gaming company
- Understanding of mechanics used in console F2P games used to drive engagement or revenue, either through design or personal experience.
- Ability to make sense of large sets of data and metrics with a focus on data-driven decision making
- Experience breaking down complex problems and problem spaces using various business or product frameworks and crafting optimal solutions for our players and our business
- Self motivated, and has a desire to work with people to navigate through ambiguity
- Experience in video game production, product management, consulting, or business strategy for consumer-facing products preferred
- MBA or advanced degrees in Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Management Information Systems, a related discipline, or comparable work experiences (meaningful work experience = 3+ years in relevant space)
(Bellevue only) This job has a base salary range of $151,000 USD - $211,000 USD + incentive compensation (annual [and long-term]) + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00)