3D Environment Art Intern - League of Legends
Job Id: 5102
As part of the Environment Art team, you will channel your knowledge of concepting, modeling, and texturing to help tell stories through visually compelling environments. Working within both design and technical constraints you will build optimized environments that elevate the purpose and mood of the game. Your craft expertise and eye for structure, form, shape language, and design will help develop and build fantastic new worlds for our players to explore.
- Interpret concepts, taking into account narrative, technical and game-design constraints
- Create game-ready 3D assets such as props, architecture, statuary, and foliage
- Author and modify materials ranging from stylized hand-painted to procedural PBR
- Use your sense of composition, layout, and color to create appealing gameplay spaces that push environment mood and ambient storytelling to its fullest potential
- Ensure assets conform to strict technical specifications such as draw calls, poly counts, texture memory limits, and gameplay boundaries
- Communicate and collaborate with other discipline experts to ensure your work contributes to an optimal player experience
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks at our Los Angeles headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience working with modeling, sculpting, and texturing programs such as Maya, Zbrush, Substance, or Photoshop
- Experience working with Unreal, Unity, or other game-engine editors
- Portfolio that showcases thematic variety of stylized artwork
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
General Portfolio Advice:
- Please limit application submission to 1 role. You will automatically be considered for similar roles based on your portfolio
- Online format is preferred (Artstation, personal websites, etc.)
- If you have private work that is under NDA, please include the password in your application. Otherwise, we recommend you do not password protect your portfolio.
- Test that your portfolio or reel is accessible. Please include access to your portfolio on your resume in addition to the application form in case the link breaks
- Ensure your portfolio showcases your best work
- Fan Art? Sure! It shows your versatility as it relates directly to our art style
- Depending on the role, immersing yourself in the game to get the feel, tone and look can go a long way for your portfolio
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close January 6th 12:00pm PT
(Los Angeles, CA only) Hourly range between $33.51 USD - $35.48 USD
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).